Sunday, October 12, 2008

My mission?

Corny? Nah, it's just what I want. It's been what I have wanted to do for nearly ten years.
Living the ongoing battle with weight loss and gain for the last DECADE has made me increasingly interested in making sure I try to help other people out there searching for an answer.
When something works, I want to shout it from the rooftops.
I started thinking seriously about becoming a personal trainer or even going back to school to be a dietitian.
Sports medicine also flew around my brain for a while.
I also flirted with the hope that maybe a company or trainer would "sponsor" me on my journey towards reaching goal and maybe mold that into a business of my own.
I have had trainers. The clash between my being a strong woman and having a trainer argue with me about proper body mechanics ( a passion and pet peeve of mine), or pushing me through a dangerous pain threshold just didn't sit well with me.
I do work with two trainers I love to death. I barter massage for personal training sessions.
I hope to morph this blog and my experiences with diet and exercise and FORM into an online support for people experiencing SUCCESS with weight loss and healthy ways.
The Queen Latifah commercials for JennyCraig (never tried, but have tried and disliked Nutrisystem) send a good message. I know I've seen and heard her saying she didn't want to be "skinny" and that wasn't her goal. She wants to be a HEALTHIER weight and the commercial I saw that was about just getting to a 10% loss in weight.
The advent of BMI being the standard I think is a good thing. After all a person weighing 200 pounds at 5' and 6' are two different things.
Hey, I'm the perfect weight, if I was 7 feet tall!!
The mission is to host the website with another company that provides forums for the community of people who are on their journey to weight loss.


FORM+STOMACH=FULLNESS & CONTROL

No comments: